Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stamp Camp 2013

Hello There,

I recently went to the Perfectly Rustics Stamp Camp, which was held this year at Camp Clayton.  This is only the second year of the Perfectly Rustics Stamp Camp, which was the idea of my friend and Up Line, Sharnee Torrents.  Sharnee had the idea and I kind of took over with the organising as that is the kind of thing that I like to do.

We had 11 super ladies (plus one beautiful little Sapphire, Sharnee's adorable little baby) come along this year and we had an absolute ball.  The facilities were superb and are host for the weekend, Steve, was totally awesome.  I would totally recommend Camp Clayton.  The accommodation was shared rooms, each with an ensuite.  The rooms had a combination of a queen size bed and up to three sets of bunks, but with 9 rooms and only 11 ladies, we only took up 5 rooms and had a maximum of 3 to a room. As we were not a large group we were able to have a table each for all our crafting gear, which was more than some people have at home for crafting.  We arrived on Friday night and once we had all our stuff in, got straight into crafting.  I was scrapping for the weekend, which I have gotten back into over the past 14 months, after the first stamp camp.

Attendees all received a goodie bag, with some handy Stampin' Up items in there as well as a program, which was done by my lovely husband.
 
The Perfectly Rustics Stamp Camp Program for 2013


Everyone also got a different mug, which was filled with sugary badness such as lollies and chocolates.  Disappointment reigned for me as my mug, which had been specially chosen by the beautiful Jayne, cracked under the pressure when I made my first hot drink in it.  It did my best to put this behind me and press on with the weekend.

We played a get to know you game on Friday night, which was a nice way for those people who did not know everyone to get an insight into the other ladies, they would be sharing their weekend with.  Once the game was finished, many of the ladies continued relaxing and chatting on the lounges which were provided in our accommodation.

It was midnight before I called it quits on Friday night, but I think some of the ladies rocked on till later.

Saturday was up and at it again.  All our meals we catered, so we just trotted over to the cafeteria at our meal times for breakfast, lunch and tea and they brought over supper, morning tea and afternoon tea for our stay.  The food was lovely and there were no complaints.  We loved the fact that we could go and eat and not have to worry about cooking and cleaning up!

There were many prizes through out the weekend, with every attendee walking away with at least three prizes each! We also did two make and take projects.  One by me, which was making a lovely little box out of a piece of 12 by 12 designer series paper, with only score lines, no cutting involved.  Everyone seemed impressed with their box!

The other make and take was done by the lovely Bronwyn, who gave us all a demo on the MDS and her E cutter.  We made an owl card, which was fun.

Saturday night, was  pyjama and trivia night.  The trivia was based on the information in the program (which contained information on some of the demonstrators that make up the Perfectly Rustics team)  and the Stampin Up! catalogue.   The winner was Bronwyn, who scored a Stampin Up! paper trim.

Again I went to bed around midnight on Saturday night.  Sunday morning was all about trying to get as much down before having to leave after lunch.  I managed to complete 10 pages and get another one nearly finished.  I was doing a mix of photos of my gorgeous little boy, Owen, wedding photos and some honeymoon photos.  I am really happy with my pages, some of which I got inspiration for from scrapbooking magazines and others I came up with all by myself!  Here are some of my favourite pages from the weekend.






I had such an awesome time at Stamp Camp, we have booked again at Camp Clayton for next year and I already have ideas for games etc.

1 comment:

  1. I'm already looking forward to the next one :) Man, you churned out those layouts. What a fantastic, creative effort.

    ReplyDelete